Monday, June 2, 2008

Updates to my Blog

Here are a couple of events that have gone by that I wanted to mention in my blog :)

Dec-2007
Every year, the University of Central Florida has a Faculty and Staff Holiday Party. This year I was asked to perform a dance routine along side the current Mr and Miss UCF. It was a great opportunity to meet the people who make UCF the incredible University it has become. I was honored to be invited to such an event.

Pictured above is Alex Lord, Mr UCF 2008, Veronica Livesay Executive Director of the Miss UCF Scholarship Pageant, and Me :) Second picture (below) is myself with Former and current Mr And Miss UCF titleholders and Maribeth Ehasz, UCF’s vice president for student development and enrollment services

February 21, 2008


For the second consecutive year, I was asked to assist Veronica Livesay in a presentation on HOW TO WORK A ROOM:NETWORKING IN SOCIAL SITUATIONS Seminar during Leadership Week at the University of Central Florida. It is really a treat to have students attend a workshop like this. The students are their to learn the basics of business and social etiquette. Veronica and I had notes prepared with helpful tips as well as live exercise to reinforce meeting, mingling, and making small talk with strangers. The purpose was to enhance and enforce leadership skills and learn to be more relaxed, comfortable, and self-confident in interviews and social situations.

No comments: