Monday, June 2, 2008

May 29 2008

All around Orange County school classes are celebrating the end of the year. Lucky for me I had the chance to celebrate with one of those classes. On Thurs, I stepped foot on the brand new school Sunset Park Elementary in Windermere. Once inside I went straight upstairs to Ms. King's 3d grade class. They were all expecting a 'Queen' to walk through their door and sure enough one did...ME :)

I had all 18 of them listening as I told them about myself, my title, and Love Letters: Random Cards of Kindness. The kids were very excited to make cards and they made some great "Dino-riffic" and "Picnic" cards for 40 children with life-threatening diseases. When we finished, I answered questions and signed autograph cards as well as special t-shirts Ms. King had made for each of her students. It was a short visit, 45 minutes, but the kids appreciate me visiting and felt special that I "choose" them to make Love Letters :)


No comments: